Monday, August 27, 2007

PAX

PAX was great. I'm not sure I need to say much more since the only people that will read this are the people I went with. Oh well, quick overview.

Friday mostly walking around and checking everything out. Orion and Davis did a long magic tourney for most of the day, and David and I did a GH2 tourney where we only managed past the first round since it was my second time playing the game ever. We spent time in the exhibition hall getting tons of free game demos and trials, along with posters and discounts for gaming products. Oh, and I can't forget the BAWLS. We finally got our hands on some bawls, and I thought it was great. (For those of you thinking I am gay, bawls is a caffeine drink).

Saturday was a pretty exciting day. Orion David and I were all signed up for a GW sealed...skill? deck?... tourney. Hero battles with 80 random skill cards. Orion was first up. Went 2-1 possible only losing his first game because he was new to hero battles. I went 1-2, realizing I rushed the build process way to much and ended up with shitty hero's that didn't do my planned combos, and I horrible warrior build that I controlled. Looking over my cards, I could have pwned much more. Later that day Orion and I went to our DD (Mario Kart:Double Dash) tourney. As was usual with the console tourneys, it was delayed. We did one practice run, and then scouted out the competition as everyone else played many practice runs. Format was 8 teams per race, 4 races per match, top 2 of every match moves on. We did well in the first round ending up tied for 1st (See Orion's blog soon for exact places of each race). Second round was a bit closer. I know we got a 5th, witch I was thinking would end our tournament dreams, however we managed a final race 1st and pulled into second. Top 2 whoo!! FINAL ROUND! We pretty much got pwned. There were clearly racers better than us, and they rightfully won, but we did manage to scrap out a modest 6th. I'm proud of us, and can't wait for next year.

Sunday we were entered in the GoW tourney. Lol I know hilarious right? I'm not sure why David thought we would do well, it was quite clear we all sucked after our "warm-up" in the console freeplay the day before. I'll hold the match details for us to know, and never release (hopefully). We didn't get past the first round.
Overall good times. Oh fuck... long post... sorry I guess now i have to read your guys' long posts.

1 comment:

David said...

You forgot to mention that I went 2-1 as well in GW, but lost my match in the pod final.