Saturday, June 27, 2009

Post-Worthy

So we watch Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy now at dinner because my grandma likes those shows. I gotta say some people are hilarious.

First, a little screw up that I found amusing. Ok so the answer to the puzzle was clear, it was: ALONG CAME A SPIDER AND SAT DOWN BESIDE HER. One person was spinning and pretty much getting all of the letters, but then decided to make one more spin with like 3 letters missing so as not to land on lose a turn or bankrupt. The remaining letters were G, P, and D. She said G. There is one G. There are three Ds. Which would have been worth more money?

The second one is even better.
27,500 + Trip to the Caribbean on the line... she attempts to solve the puzzle:

G L E A _ I N G . W H I T E . S A N D . B E A C H
(place)

"I'm gona solve the puzzle!" (with a southern accent which btw I think makes people sound retarded)

"Gleaming white sand beachES!"

*Crowd goes semi-silent*

Host: *short pause* I'm sorry that's wrong. Steven your turn.

*Steven spins, lands on $400, says "M", clearly reads every word to solve, and wins a trip the the Caribbean.*

2 comments:

David said...

Oh wow. That other person probably went home and killed themself.

Oreo said...

I actually saw the episode with "gleaming white sand beach", they were playing it in the dining hall one evening. it was quite the lolol.