Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's days like this were I love having a cool basement to relax in.
Just finished mowing the lawn and trimming the apple tree so I'm too tired to do anything but blog.

Guild Wars 2
I guess this wasn't the best time to make a blog post since the next class to be announced is coming out later this week. I've been starting to get back into keeping up with the GW2 news and it's been getting me more pumped every day. It's a good motivation to getting a job since I doubt my current computer will run GW2 smoothly when it is released.

Cascadia Derby
Sounders vs Timbers was a decent match, not so thrilled about the tie though. In Sigi Schmid's post match interview he was clearly disappointed. Disappointed with the first half performance, with all the injuries we have been plagued with (reached 8 during the match), and with the constant rain. He also obviously wasn't a fan of the Timber's play style. I feel like it was the Sounders game to lose due to our second half surge, but we just couldn't get that winning second goal in the net. John Spencer, Portland Timbers head coach, has a very different opinion. He's gone on record calling Seattle a "bunch of crybabies who should stop making excuses."
I realize that I have a biased opinion and that I don't see the game the same way Spencer does, but after watching the game a second time on the DVR (yes I watch all our games multiple times what of it?), I see no way to interpret the overall flow of the match a domination by Portland. If anything they were the ones dominated. In the video on the link provided, Spencer makes some sarcastic remarks about goals on set pieces, but the fact is goals that come in the run of play take much more planning and skill to get than getting a goal off of a set piece because your player has a foot over all of our defenders.
Gotta love the regional rivalries.

Starcraft 2
Well since Chris and Eric both decided to not show up to game night without letting me or David know, we had plenty of time to work on some SC2 achievements.
We started off by doing some co-op vs A.I. since those are really just dependent on how much time you put into them. We quickly figured out that both of us going zerg and 6-pooling would be the fastest way to acquire wins since the A.I.'s aren't programmed in a way that allows them to stop it. We were a few games in mindlessly 6-pooling away, when something strange happened. Our enemies had walled off their ramp.
Walling off? The computers had never done that before.
We get up the ramp, and as I go to start attacking the pylon powering the warping-in forge, I realize that this isn't an A.I. at all! It is a human player!
After our last match I must have clicked the "Find Match" button instead of "Co-op vs A.I." because now we had been placed in a 2v2 without even noticing it on the loading screen. This match was a bit harder, and our opponents fought back with more vigor this time, but the result was unchanged. We stomped that 2v2. Among laughter and quilt, we accept our victory to find that we have been placed in Diamond League for 2v2s.
We felt like jerks for doing a double 6-pool, but go0d times.

Later in SC2 we tried to get our Star Jeweled (Bejeweled Custom with tug-of-war) achievements. Bejeweled is a pretty fun fast pasted puzzle game and it took me a while to get used to it, but eventually with the help of a strategy guide I managed to defeat the insane A.I., and a couple days later when David said he got the 6-combo achievement I went back and got that one too.

I guess there's more I could blog about but I'm not as tired anymore and I didn't take a shower after yard work so I need to go do that now. Also I just finished a podcast episode so it seems like a good time to stop.

--EDIT--
For those who are interested, just refreshed twitter and got Sigi's response to John Spencer's comments on the Rave Green Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! Thumbs up

security equipment